The scope of the 5th International Workshop on Business Applications of Social Network Analysis (BASNA 2014) includes, but it is not limited to, the following areas of social network analysis and management research:
- Knowledge management (identifying experts, influencers and implicit relationships, fostering knowledge exchange and integration, creating and developing communities of practice)
- High-volume marketing (identifying new and key customers, customer relationship management, customer care, information spread).
- Recommendation systems based on social network analysis.
- Privacy issues in social networks
- Anomaly detection in network based applications, like intrusion or fraud detection.
- Big data analytics for management research
- Big data analytics in social network analysis (large graphs, huge amounts of generated content)
- Data mining in social networks, graphs, links, content, sentiment.
- Data mining to discover customer communities, intra-organizational and inter-organizational structures.
- Applications of social network analysis in real world business scenarios.
- Real-time business analysis, stream data mining for business applications
- Behavioral analysis in social networks
- Data mining applications for viral marketing
- Application of scale-free networks
- Mobile social networks
- Social semantic web
- Social Media Analysis
All workshop submissions should be formatted following the guidelines of ICDM’14 conference paper (maximum 10 pages, in the IEEE 2-column format). Detailed formatting instructions are available at ICDM’14 submissions page.
The papers can be submitted through the workshop submission system provided by ICDM, here.
Best paper award
The best paper award will be given to the paper judged to make the most significant contributions to BASNA 2014. This year, the award will be sponsored by Ericsson R & D for eligible researchers.